Sunday, May 4, 2014

Metropark Hotel Mongkok

In all my years of travelling to Hong Kong, I have found that hotel prices there just keep climbing every year. I typically stay in 3-star or 3.5-star hotels in Kowloon, and fork out on average S$70 to S$80 per person per night (i.e. I try to look for twin/double rooms that cost between S$140 to S$160 a night).

One of those that fit my bill is Metropark Hotel Mongkok, located at Prince Edward. This is a quieter area compared to bustling Mong Kok, yet it is still near enough by train to the usual tourist areas.


I find the room size pretty comfortable. You can't really expect very spacious rooms in Hong Kong that don't cost an arm and a leg.




Despite it being in a less happening area, there are still shops and eateries within short walking distance of the hotel. If you do decide to stay here, remember to check out Kam Wah Café, famous for their polo bun.

Also see my other posts covering hotel choices in Hong Kong - Hotel Benito and various hotels.

No comments: