Monday, May 5, 2014

Kam Wah Cafe - For the best po lo bao

During my last stay in Metropark Hotel Mongkok, I took the opportunity to dine at this popular cha chan teng at Prince Edward.

 


Kam Wah Café is most popular for their po lo bao (directly translated as pineapple bun, and named so only because its crust resembles a pineapple - there is no pineapple in the bun). If you like butter, order the po lo yau instead - this is the version with a slab of butter sandwiched in the middle.


I am not a po lo bao fan, but even then, I concede that the bun here is indeed very tasty.

On the other hand, their egg tart, another popular item here, thrills me less. I still find the egg tarts at Honolulu Coffee Shop nicer.

* * * * * * * * * *

Kam Wah Café (金華冰廳)
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=11293
Add: G/F, 47 Bute Street, Prince Edward
太子弼街47號地下
Tel: 2392 6830
Open: Mon-Sun, 6.30am-12am

No comments: