Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Granville Road at Tsim Sha Tsui

Granville Road is quite a popular area to shop for youth fashion and fashion by local designers. I don't always drop by the area, usually only if I happen to stay in Tsim Sha Tsui for my trip.

When I do head there, I always stop by Lung Shing Dispensary. This shop may look run down, but it is always crowded with both locals and tourists whenever I am there. They sell toiletries and also brand-name cosmetics and skincare, and their prices are pretty competitive with stores like Sasa and Bonjour.


On a recent trip, for example, my best buy was Shu Uemura's Anti/Oxi cleansing oil. The 450ml bottle was going for HK$418 (S$68) here. I later found it selling at Sasa for HK$468 (S$76), at the duty free store at Hong Kong airport for HK$670 (S$109) and on Shu Uemura Singapore's website for S$125. So it was nearly half price from Singapore stores.
 

Do note that Lung Shing only accepts cash payment. And please be prepared for very curt service. The store is so packed that their staff will not at all be bothered to please; they just want to clear the queues at the cashier!

Other shops I like to shop at on Granville include Maple - for accessories.


And Le Saunda outlet - for shoes on discount.


And of course, there's always the yummy food at Tai Ping Koon to satisfy hungry tummies.