Sunday, July 24, 2011

I love Hong Kong

Having grown up on a staple diet of TVB dramas, it is no surprise that Hong Kong is one of my favourite places in the world to visit.

It's been six trips and counting, and each time I set foot in the city, I feel right at home. In fact, it's probably the only place in the world (right now) that I don't mind visiting alone and venturing all by myself. Well ok, I have yet to take a solo holiday, but maybe one day soon I will.

I enjoy shopping, and many a time, I shop more than I should. And Hong Kong is definitely a shopping paradise. Yet, it is not the shopping that I love most. It is the food (yums), and the language. I could probably just sit in a cha chan teng (tea restaurant/cafe) and listen in to the conversations around me for ages. I simply love listening to the perfect Cantonese the locals speak, and try to imitate their intonations and improve my fluency.

Enough about my obsession with Cantonese though, let's move right along... More about the places I like to visit and the food I love to eat in Hong Kong, soon!

No comments: