Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tai Cheong Bakery - The best egg tarts?

Tai Cheong Bakery was just an ordinary, popular bakery until Chris Patten, Hong Kong's former governor, set foot into the 50-year-old shop and declared their egg tarts the best in the world.

Since then, the queue has never really stopped.

 
I found them very normal. The shortbread pastry was a bit hard and the egg custard a tad too sweet. I decided that I'm not a fan, but I know of friends who would lug boxes of the egg tarts onto the plane and back home. Well, whether or not they are the best, try and decide for yourself!


As for me, I much prefer the egg tarts at Honolulu Coffee Shop in Central and Wan Chai.

Anyway, while you're near Tai Cheong, remember to check out lifestyle shop G.O.D., just round the corner on Hollywood Road.

* * * * * * * * * *

Tai Cheong Bakery (泰昌餅家)
http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=5522
Add:  G/F, 35 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
          中環擺花街35號地下
Tel: 2544 3475

No comments: