Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hotel Benito - My pick in Tsim Sha Tsui

Departing from my usual choices of accommodation in Mong Kok, I decided to stay in Tsim Sha Tsui on a recent trip. And I think I might just have found one of my favourite hotels.

Hotel Benito has won me over with their top-notch location (just a stone's throw away from Exit B2 of Tsim Sha Tsui MTR), and clean, bright and modern rooms.

 
For this class of hotels by Hong Kong standards, the size of the room also exceeded my expectations. It was more spacious than I thought.
 
 
The full-width mirror and counter-top in the bathroom also scored points with me. Lots of space to put toiletries for two persons!
 
 
On a separate occasion where I travelled to Hong Kong alone, I chose Hotel Benito again as they are one of the few hotels in locations I like that have single rooms.
 

Again, I was very pleased with the room size and facilities. Even though it was a room for one person, it wasn't claustrophobic at all.

 
Even the bathroom was bigger than I expected. In fact, the shower stall was more spacious than the one in the twin room I stayed the last time round. This one was almost a square shape, while the twin room's shower stall was more of a longish rectangle and thus narrower.
 
 
All around the hotel are eateries and shopping malls and streets, including the popular Granville Road which is just behind the hotel. Foodies and shopaholics alike should enjoy the area very much indeed. A slightly further walk away is the Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade along the Victoria Harbour - a great place for a stroll in the evening.
 
Another plus of Hotel Benito is its accessibility to and fro the airport, as it is served by the A21 airport bus. From the airport, you will alight along Nathan Road at a bus-stop very close to the hotel. To the airport, the bus-stop is slightly further away as it is across the road, but the distance is still very manageable even when you have to drag your luggages along. Best of all, the fare is just HK$33 one-way.

 
Also see my other posts covering hotel choices in Hong Kong - Metropark Hotel Mongkok and various hotels.


3 comments:

GLS said...

i was wondering where to stay in HK when i saw this blog

Never regretted staying in Hotel Benito.

Thanks for the recommendation

Holiday in HK = 05 to 09 Dec 2013

Shana said...

Hi, I'm thinking of booking into hotel benito too with my family of elderly parents and young kids.

May I know whether u remember seeing any traditional cha chan ting ( coffee shop) nearby this hotel? Or is it all restaurants in this area?

Sher said...

Hi Shana, I don't know what you would consider "traditional", but there are definitely cha chan tengs around. One of them is the very popular Tsui Wah.